Since I posted my earlier article Christmas Gift Ideas for Boyfriend I received a few responses from women asking how you actually make homemade gifts for boyfriends that are inexpensive to make and show your boyfriend you love him. Tools you use in making homemade gifts for your boyfriend. For instance, I referenced making a special CD cover with a picture of both of you. Women wrote to me asking how to actually make a good CD cover if all you have is a few mediocre quality pictures.
Yield: 24 biscuits or 12 servings
6 cups pulp leftover from making almond milk
3 cups Rapadura
1 1/2 cup almonds, soaked for 8 hours, dehydrated, and slivered
1 1/4 cups flax meal
1 cup cacao bits
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/2 teaspoon solar-dried sea salt
1. Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl, and mix thoroughly with your hands.
2. Gather the batter together to form a form loaf about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It will be flat on the bottom and slightly curved at the top, so the ends will be less high than the middle.
3. To create the biscotti, slice the loaf crosswise into twenty-four
1/2-inch slices and place them on two separate dehydrator trays with twelve on each tray. A nonstick sheet is not required.
4. Dehydrate at 125 degrees for 4 hours. After 4 hours, turn the dehydrator down to 105 degrees and continue dehydrating for another 48 hours. Biscotti should be firm and crisp.
5. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for up to two months.